Friday, January 25, 2008

All I Wanna Do Is Bang Bang Bang!

Get your mind out of the gutter you perverts! That's not "bang bang bang" as in having biblical relations. That's "bang bang bang" used as an onomatopoeia (spell check that...I dare you). Always attempting to increase your street cred with heightened musical knowledge, I figure we'll let all y'all out there in the blogosphere know what's spinning around the SCOPE office. Perhaps this will become a new weekly feature for all you many many readers out there, who knows.

Now while this is by no means a new song (or at least it shouldn't be for all those in the know), we at SCOPE still can't get enough of it. M.I.A. blew the world away with her worldly beats on debut album, Arular, and she's managed to blow everyone away again with her brilliant sophomore effort, Kala (that's alot of blowing...I know). With each track being a unique standout on its own, it's hard to pick just one to love. But Paper Planes, with its melodic playfulness juxtaposed by the typical gangsta-rap fanfare (guns and money) manifested via shotgun and chash register sound effects, is an extremely strong front runner. Check it...

DOWNLOAD M.I.A. - Paper Planes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yiea yiea yiea

this song is the shit. I'd like to take some credit in splooging this song all over SCOPE. It's basically been stuck in my head for over a month. -Allison.