Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Rogue Wave is my face

Rogue Wave - Seasick on Land

This update was long overdue, but if you haven't heard of Rogue Wave before this post, then I guess I am doing my job. Today on our radio show on KRUI (www.kruiradio.org/listen) we played a live version of "Publish My Love." Even with a few notes from the synthesizer and vocals, the song still remains impressive.

The 2007 album, Asleep at Heaven's Gate, was one of the best of the year. Perhaps I am a bit bias as there are many songs featuring Chicago in the titles or referenced in the lyrics, as I am quite the sucker for songs referencing places or things relevant to my life/name/place I live. Exhibit A: Sufjan Stevens two albums about two of the three states I have lived in. Exhibit B: "Allison Road" by the Gin Blossoms. Anyway, you get the point, but that is besides the point, Rogue Wave is talented. As far back as "Out of the Shadow," Rogue Wave has set themselves apart with a distinct sound and instrumentation.

Have a listen and have a nice day :)

No comments: