Saturday, March 8, 2008

May Cause Seizures [and I am not kidding]


I know I ran around last week telling everyone to watch the new Gnarls Barkley video, "Run," but before you make the dash to watch the killer vid...BEWARE.....it really could be a killer. The video is in the process of being re-edited because the strobe effects throughout the video may cause seizures! Who knew?? It was quoted in a Billboard report, "Because of its strobe effects, the video failed the Harding Test, which is used to tell whether or not televised images might trigger epileptic seizures." Certain shows, outlets, etc. have been banning the video until it is edited to pass the Harding Test.

Anyway, I have lived through watching the video multiple times, so take a gander if you think your body can withstand the strobes of awesomeness. The cameo by Justin Timberlake is quite amusing, but then again he seems to be popping up in the most random places these days [supposedly he is going to be the executive producer of an NBC sitcom?]. There are many great elements of the video that bring it back into the hip-hop roots. That is one of the main reasons why I have really appreciated Gnarls Barkley -- they showcase the MC and the DJ as a group and as mutual stars. I may not be the biggest fan of this song, but the video has definitely upped it for me. It reminds me of an old Soul Train episode.

Watch...if you dare!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa thats frighteningggg

Anonymous said...

I dig it.