Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Strokes To Work On Fourth Album?


Your guess is as good as mine, but it seems as if the band are prepping to head back into the studio. A post on the Strokes' official site by Bassist Nikolai Fraiture stated that "I'd like to say that I'm still looking very forward to a fourth album release. We just need to work out a few technical kinks." So I don't know if that means that band has even started demoing or recording yet, or if it means that the album's done and they're working out some afterthoughts, but its nice to know that there will be something on the horizon. I was (and still am) a huge fan of Is This It? and Room On Fire and I thought that First Impressions Of Earth lacked some of the hooks, but was a great progression for the band musically. So I'm thinking that if they can combine the musicality of their last album with the undeniable melodies and hooks of their first two, we're gonna have something special on our hands soon enough.

In other Strokes news, guitarist Albert Hammond Jr. has just finished his follow-up solo effort to his breezy and beautiful debut, Yours To Keep, which should be out sometime this summer.

tip from NME

1 comment:

slb said...

I would flip over this. Room on Fire is one of my favorite albums of all time.