Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Heads Up: New Cold War Kids

So this past weekend I bought my ticket to see fall CWK in Chicago (which falls on the same day as the Kooks show in Chicago, so I decided to make it a concert weekend and see the Kooks earlier in the week at People's in DSM), and wondered when we, the adoring public, would get any whiff of the new album. I got my answer today, which came in the form of a minute-long audio/visual teaser. The accompanying song sounds AWESOME, and there's even a little 1.24 second clip of them at Lollapalooza (look for the scene where the camera is behind the guitarist holding a maraca and you can see the pointy white tents...I was there...no big deal). The new album should be out sometime in September.


Sidebar: this video footage leads me to believe that there will be a DVD accompanying this release at some point.


1 comment:

slb said...

pu-lease. you picked the kooks because of me.