Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mexican Musical Duo Steals Show



I took a recent visit up to Milwaukee for Summerfest and came out one happy customer. Tom Petty w/Steve Winwood was the featured act, but my roommate and I decided the $110 street tickets just weren't worth it. Instead we were mesmerized with a breathtaking performance by Rodrigo y Gabriela. The pair from Mexico City played to a huge crowd at the Briggs & Stratton stage. Their fast, rhythmic, guitaring was out of this world and had event security walking through the aisles picking up spectating jaws. This clip is a great example of what I was able to witness, and please watch it until the end if you are not familiar with these two...


*Other bands/musicians I was very impressed with that you should check out:
Ari Herstand - playing at the University of Iowa Sept 18th
The Cocksmiths
Chris Koza
And if you are into reggae, Roster McCabe.
And here is the rest of it.

No comments: