Tuesday, August 5, 2008

dave's got a good track record.

In about a week I'm about to chad bro it up again and go see The DMB at Alpine Valley. And I gotta say, not only am I excited to hear Tim Reynolds and Dave jam out but I'm really quite psyched about the opener.

Earlier this summer, Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings opened for The Dave Matthews Band and as SUSBUS posted, they really rocked the stage. The trend of good openers continues later in this tour when The Black Crowes open for Dave at Alpine. I hadn't been too excited when I first heard they were opening because I hadn't heard of them; but after looking them up, I found them to be pretty sweet. I find them to have a rock/blues style to their music and I'm really digging it. Hope you all do too. Check 'em out::

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that was a joke. How do you not know who the Black Crowes are???? One of the great American rock bands of all time.

iLOVEMYLiFE said...

the post is about dave matthews' sweet openers. i had heard of the black crowes, but not much of their music. and in case any readers were in the same boat i was, i wanted to spread the good tunes.
thats what this blog is all about...

jonny-tsunami said...

thanks ilovemylife...that video takes me back...i can feel some blog love on this one...keep spreading the good word