Monday, September 22, 2008

Talk, Talk, Talk.

So I was surfing the web and came across a band called "Land of Talk". I really don't know how I haven't heard of them earlier. These indie rockers are the perfect remedy for a down and out day. The front woman's voice is rough enough to be edgy but still smooth enough to say "hey, let's listen to this over and over again." If you aren't convinced, you can get a free sample off their new album "Some Are Lakes" here. They are also playing in Minneaoplis at First Ave with fellow Canadians, Broken Social Scene, on October 13. Anyone up for a road trip?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there are alot of good indie rock groups coming out of canada right now. Human Highway and hexes and O's are really good. But i really like this stuff. I normally have problems listening to girls in bands but this is cool because it seems like she isnt the main focus. Its all put together to no be about the "cute lyrics" or "foriegn accent."

Kelsey @ Pinegate Road said...

me me me!!!! I'm totally down!

GT said...

You all are welcome to crash at my place if you come up for the show.