1. Lupe Fiasco plays best after sunrise, and no matter what he says at the end of his set he is not going to Union (so stop texting me and putting up facebook statuses saying you are drinking with Lupe Fiasco...you are not drinking with Lupe Fiasco).
2. The Yacht Club will handbill after every single SCOPE show from Third Eye Blind/Umphrey's/Black Keys/Girl Talk+Talib Kweli. A trend I consider to be a very sincere form of flattery.
3. If a girl goes down in the crowd, Steve will be standing above shining his light from the heavens.
4. There is a substantial difference between Girl Talk playing for 350 people and Girl Talk playing for 1500 people
5. Hawks Nest is where it is at...seriously.
6. Matt Nathanson has a poop mouth. Do not bring children under the age of 14 to the show.
7. Homecoming is not a show that should be scheduled for October. Also the Temptations lead singer has an abnormally hot head to the point where being exposed to cold air produces steam.
8. If it is a SCOPE day of show it will be raining. Same goes for SCOPE bar crawls.
9. Mike Rome will abuse the ability to email all SCOPE members
10. Mood lighting may not be conducive to work, but it is conducive to deep talks.
11. If you're going to drive 20+ hours straight through terrible weather you need a person who can put the task of driving on their back and carry 9 people across multiple state lines. Even when your driver is passed the point of clinical exhaustion and legitimately hallucinating. The main key is to sleep through the times when the 15 passenger vehicle slides across the ice.
12. If you're at SXSW and they have a panel titled, "Why hasn't Girl Talk been sued" avoid it at all costs. The question will not be answered.
13. Eva has a small bladder.
14. Wilco will play an incredible set even if their encore is 12 songs long.
15. The IMU staff really enjoys when artists bring hazers
16. Give a friend one free ticket and they will abuse you for free tickets the rest of your life.
17. When all else fails, there is always money in the lemonade stand
18. Glowsticks enhance any drinking event
19. Sunrise initiatives are more difficult than they sound
20. Iowa City appreciates live music even if it is impossible to identify any cohesive patterns in its music taste
21. SCOPE is all about the music and the people. At the end of the day, as long as we look out for each other nothing else matters.