Friday, February 22, 2008

Pants Off Dance Off (pt. 5: "kickdrum on the basement floor")


Yes, you've gussed right. It is yet another installment of the much ballyhooed Pants Off Dance Off posts. With soooo much garbage STILL being blasted onto the dancefloors of every club and bar in America (Iowa City bars being especially guilty), I will tirelessly strive to provide musical alternatives to act as the soundtrack to which y'all can rub your nasty bits on each other.

This time, we got Britt Daniel of Spoon's remix of Feist's flawless rootsy romp "I Feel It All." Stereogum says it best: "think sexy, dusky, dancefloor." I'm gonna grab a gal and a Guinness and bounce around to this for the rest of the night.

Editor's note: There is a strong chance that the author of this post will have little to no luck finding said "gal" to grab, and will fill that emptiness with more Guinness.

DOWNLOAD: Feist - I Feel It All (Britt Daniel Remix)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as if feist couldn't get any better...

A Little Piece of Everything said...

I was going to buy this cd, but I didn't. I like Feist though, and I did buy a couple of songs from iTunes.

SideNote: Speaking of iTunes, I love that damn song "New Soul" by Yael Naim. I just downladed some of her Cd. Her music has a relaxed feel to it; some peaceful ass shit. I find myself enjoying music in different languages lately.

Music can be another language totally foreign you, and if it's good music, you can hear what the music about without understanding the words. It's just absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

i love this remix. and feist.