Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New My Morning Jacket Album adds meaning to endless charade that is life.




I was once a hollow shell of a man. A body so gripped by sadness, I thought the demons that haunted my soul would never stop. Oh how they cried. Why do they come to me to die? That was, of course, before I listened to My Morning Jackets new album, Evil Urges.

Suddenly the shallow, all-consuming ache that is my life was slightly relieved. Songs such as evil urges, touch me I’m going to scream, and I’m amazed flooded my ears, producing a pleasurable stir in my hips that momentarily detached me from my usual state of immense melancholy. Prior to hearing this album, my life was filled with tears and frustration. My hours were spent surfing the intraweb, while slowly letting go of my ambitions to open an exotic petting zoo. But now, I can live again. And I’m not the only one! Fellow blogger kappy, who is usually no more than a bleak, glassy eyed stare, also seemed less miserable after hearing his favorite track “thank you too.” Yes my morning jacket… thank you too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Entertaining and well said.

kappy said...

you're a genius, whilden.

Anonymous said...

i want to find a sexy librarian