Friday, May 9, 2008

Keepin' You All Where the Light Is

Okay, so I promise not all of my posts will be about John Mayer, but he just happens to be doing cool stuff. Anyway, as you may or may not know, John played a concert this past December where he played a set with his Trio (with bassist Pino Palladino of The Who and drummer Steve Jordan), an acoustic set, and a set with a full band. Well this performance was filmed by Danny Clinch, a photographer who originally interned with famed Rolling Stone photographer Annie Leibovitz (!!) shot this film, and even as a non-obsessed John Mayer fan, it looks really cool. The best part about it will be how all of his sides of his music will come out, and the first live (video) recording of the Trio which will be interesting even for those of you who aren't big Mayer fans. Check out the preview, I promise you'll be impressed. If not by John Mayer and band then at least with Danny Clinch's skills. 




"Where the Light Is" DVD/CD comes out June 1st, with a set list as follows. (notice a few solid covers in there....) 

Acoustic Set:
1. Neon
2. Stop This Train
3. L.A. Song 
4. Daughters
5. Free Fallin'

Trio Set:
6. Everyday I Have The Blues
7. Wait Until Tomorrow
8. Who Did You Think I Was
9. Come When I Call
10. Good Love Is On The Way
11. Out Of My Mind
12. Vultures
13. Bold As Love
 
Band Set:
14. Waiting On The World To Change
15. Slow Dancing In A Burning Room
16. Why Georgia
17. The Heart Of Life
18. I Don't Need No Doctor
19. Gravity
20. I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
21. Belief
22. I'm Gonna Find Another You

No comments: