Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MMJ rocks SNL

The only thing that could possibly lure me into watching the current SNL cast was a visit from hardest rocking band in america, My Morning Jacket.  And oh was it well worth it.  Playing two new tracks from their upcoming LP Evil Urges, dropping June 10th, their performance just cemented their status as best live band in America.  The first song MMJ played was the beautiful "I'm Amazed."  And wow was I amazed.  With influences ranging from the Band and the Grateful Dead, this will surely be the big hit off this album.  The second song they performed last night was falsetto drenched "Evil Urges."  The first single released off the LP, shows off all the talents of this band.  Jim James' falsetto reaching higher and higher, Carl Broemel mastering work of the guitar, The duo of bassist Two Tone Tommy (sweetest name in rock n Roll) and Drummer Patrick Hallahan laying down the rhythm, and keyboardist Bo Kostner complimenting the guitar so perfectly with the keys. Drive, bike, hitchhike, do whatever you have to... and make it to a My Morning Jacket show in the near future... you'll thank me.


No comments: