Tuesday, August 5, 2008

got a case of a love bipolar

As you faithful blog readers know, I recently fell in love with Katy Perry's boppy girl power jams. My latest obsession? A tune called "Hot N' Cold" which is pretty much the best thing to happen to my feminist dance party since Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone."

The song attempts to describe the typical on again off again emotional roller coaster in a vague and trite way. But when that thumping electronic background comes in at the beginning of the chorus I find myself not really caring about the lyrics. Apparently this is the next single off One of the Boys and will be the true test of Perry's staying power. My guess? Get ready to hear this one in the IC bars (if it's not already happening). Download it here and break out those dancing shoes.

No comments: