Friday, December 5, 2008

Every Song Kanye Ever Sampled (I dunno if it is really every song)

I'm an unashamed Kanye fan, so I naturally thought this video (of side-by-side comparisons of the sampled song and the finished product) was pretty cool. But even non-fans should be able to appreciate the insight they get into the creative process of hip-hop and the range of interesting music that Kanye samples from and puts his own unique touches on as well as the incredible debt that all hip-hop artists owe to classic rock, R&B, gospel, symphonic and pop music from decades past.

2 comments:

katie. said...

this gives me a new respect for kanye. even though he's got the biggest ego ever, at least he appreciates marvin gaye.

Theodore Lockhart said...

haha this kinda makes me like him less.

or like myself less for not realizing where all these samples came from