Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Never Told You What I Do for A Living

If my senior year of high school had a soundtrack, it would have been My Chemical Romance's Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. The emo rock opera, which would later become the band's breakthrough CD, combines chugging kiss-offs and heartfelt ballads to create one of the most celebrated albums of 2004.

Now the New Jersey-based group is heading out on a "small venue" (3,000 capacity) tour with Billy Talent and Drive By opening.

I saw these guys live on the 2005 Warped Tour and my mind was effectively blown.

With members of the band getting married left and right, I feel like it's only a matter of time before these guys hang up their eyeliner in favor of a more suburban lifestyle. Catch them live before it's too late...

Mar 28: Tempe, AZ @ Tempe Music Festival
Mar 29: Tucson, AZ @ Rialto Theatre
Mar 30: Las Vegas, NV @ The Joint
Apr 3: San Francisco, CA @ Warfield Theatre
Apr 6: Irvine, CA @ The Bamboozle LeftApr 8: Portland, OR @ Crystal Ballroom
Apr 11: Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air Theatre
Apr 13: Denver, CO @ The Fillmore Auditorium
Apr 15: Kansas City, KS @ Memorial Hall
Apr 17: Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater
Apr 19: Detroit, MI @ The Fillmore at State Theatre
Apr 28: Austin, TX @ Stubbs Amphitheater
May 6: Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory

No comments: